Mighty Terms and Conditions
Travel 01 April 2022- 31 March 2023
This document contains a summary of some of the Rental Conditions. For full detailed conditions refer to the rental agreement provided when the vehicle is collected. Please note all prices quote in this document are in Australian dollars. Rates and conditions are subject to change without notice.
Branch Opening Hours
(allow 1 hour for collection)
|Location||Dates and Hours of Operation|
|Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth||
1 April - 30 April
1 May - 31 August
1 September - 31 March
1 April - 30 September
1 October - 28 February
1 March - 31 March
1 April - 30 June
1 July - 31 August
1 September - 31 March
|Alice Springs, Darwin||
1 April - 30 April
1 May - 31 October
1 Nov - 30 Nov
1 Dec - 31 March
1 April - 30 April
1 May - 31 October
1 November - 31 March
$100 Public Holiday Surcharge
- 16th April 2022- Easter Saturday (All depots excl Hobart, Perth )
- 17th April 2022- Easter Sunday (Cairns, Brisbane, Sydney & Melbourne)
- 18th April 2022- Easter Monday (All depots)
- 25th April 2022- Anzac Day (All depots)
- 2nd May 2022 - Applies to Alice Springs, Darwin, Brisbane & Cairns depots
- 6th June 2022- Applies to Perth depot only
- 13th June 2022- Queen’s Birthday (Adelaide, Alice Springs, Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney & Hobart depots)
- 1st July 2022 - Alice Springs Show Day (Alice Springs depot only)
- 22nd July 2022- Darwin Show Day (Darwin depot only)
- 2nd August 2022- Picnic Day Alice Springs & Darwin depots
- 10th August 2022- Royal Queensland Show (Brisbane depots only)
- 26th September 2022- Queen’s Birthday (Perth depot only)
- 3rd October 2022- Labour Day (Cairns, Brisbane Adelaide & Sydney depots)
- 1st November 2022- Melbourne Cup (Melbourne depot only)
- 26th December 2022 - All Depots
- 27th December 2022 All Depots
- 2nd January 2023 - All Depots
- 14th February 2023 - Royal Hobart Regatta (Hobart depot only)
- 6th March 2023 - Labour Day (Perth depot only)
- 13th March 2023 - Adelaide & Hobart depots only
Standard Package Inclusions
- Vehicle Insurance - Standard Liability
- Unlimited Kilometres
- Kitchen Kits
- 10% GST (Goods & Services Tax)
- In camper tablet with GPS, Camper Help and more
- 3% Administration Fees
- Linen & Bedding
- 24 hour Roadside Assistance
- Maps & Campground Guides
- Booklet with Discounts to Tourist Attractions
- Liability Reduction Options
- Extra Driver Fees
- Refundable Vehicle Security Deposit
- Fuel and LPG costs
- One Way Fees & Location Fees where applicable
- Holiday surcharge Fees
(subject to change)
Credit and Debit Cards
For security purposes, only a credit or debit card can be used for payment of bond. The credit or debit card holder must be present and able to sign for the vehicles security deposit upon vehicle collection. The credit or debit card holder is jointly and severally liable for any damage to the rental vehicle. Any type of prepaid travel card is not acceptable as a means to provide a vehicle security deposit.
PLEASE NOTE: Electronic Credit cards are not accepted for Bond Payments. An electronic credit or debit card is one where the numbers are not raised.
Debited bonds are subject to a 1.6% (2.8% for American Express) credit card administration fee in addition to the bond amount. Accepted credit or debit cards are Visa, MasterCard and American Express. The credit card administration fee is subject to change. Mighty recommend that customers use a Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card for the Liability Deposit, as the credit card administration fee that applies when using American Express is not refundable.
Credit Card Surcharge -Discovery Rentals
Credit card fees are payable when using Visa, Mastercard or AMEX as these are subject to change Find out the current rates for your card here
For Your Protection
Personal injury is covered in most cases through Registration Third Party insurance. Mighty does not accept any liability for personal injuries sustained during the rental. Except where such loss or damage is caused by Mighty’s (or that of its employees) own negligence or breach of the Mighty Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions, Mighty does not accept liability for any loss or damage to any personal belongings or property of the Customer (or any person or entity related to the customer). Mighty strongly recommends that the customer takes out personal travel insurance to cover any injury or loss.
In the USA a liability is referred to as the “deductible”.
All vehicles are insured for the damage to the vehicle or to the property of a Third Party. The hirer is responsible for the first AU$3,500 (liability fee) for the Highball and Double Down or AU$5,000 (liability fee) for the Deuce, Deuce Plus, Double Up & Big Six of the cost of damage to Third Party property or to the rented vehicle, including single vehicle accident (does not include single vehicle roll over), windscreen & tyre damage, towing and recovery costs, theft, fire, break-in or vandalism with the exception of the exclusions. Where the damage is the customer’s fault, this also includes the cost of the daily rental for the period the vehicle is being repaired. In addition to these costs, an administration fee of $60 may apply, per claim.
The liability is applicable regardless of who is at fault and must be paid at the time the accident report is completed, not at the completion of the rental. The liability will be refunded if Mighty is successful in recovering the cost of the damages from the Third Party. Please note that Third Party Claims can take months to resolve.
The liability applies in respect of each claim, not rental.
Liability Reduction Option 1- arrange at branch on day of pickup
|Vehicle||Cost per day||Liability Fee|
|Highball & Double Down||AU$32 (max charge AU$1,600)||AU$0|
|Deuce, Deuce Plus, Double Up & Big Six||AU$42 (max charge AU$2,100)||AU$0|
When Liability Reduction Option 1 has been purchased, the hirer will have no liability with the exception of the exclusions.
The maximum public liability is $20,000,000, sub limits may apply. Please note that the maximum public liability may change during the course of the year for which these terms apply.
Please see the Exclusions section below, whereby all liability cover will be made void.
Stress Free Package - pre paid to Discovery
|Vehicle||Cost per day||Liability Fee|
|Highball & Double Down||AU$42 (max charge AU$2,100)||AU$0|
Deuce, Deuce Plus, Double Up & Big Six
|AU$52 (max charge AU$2,600)||AU$0|
Stress Free Package inclusions:
- Vehicle Insurance - (Nil liability)
- Single Vehicle rollover Cover
- Camping Chairs (1 per person)
- Camping Table
- Baby / Booster seat - on request (cannot be fitted in some vehicle categories)
- Extra Driver Fees
- Linen Exchange**
- Portable fan heater if required
**Linen Exchange: This service allows customers to exchange their linen and bedding during their rental after seven days of travel at any Mighty branch. The branch will need to be notified ahead of time to ensure items are available and ready for when customers arrive.
Express Return Pack
|Non Dump site locations||AU$139|
|Cairns, Sydney,Perth & Melbourne||AU$239|
The purchase of this pack allows the gas bottle and fuel tank to be returned empty, includes toilet (Melbourne, Sydney, Perth and Cairns only) and waste water emptying service and express key return. Only available when the Liability Reduction Option or the Inclusive has been purchased.
Please see the Exclusions section below, whereby all liability cover will be made void.
All liability cover will be made void if any of the following Exclusions are breached:
a) Any use of the vehicle prohibited under the Mighty Rental Agreement.
b) Any damage caused by wilful misconduct (e.g. sitting or standing on the bonnet or roof of the vehicle) and driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs and negligence resulting in damage to the hired vehicle or third party vehicle/property.
c) Any loss or damage to any personal belongings or property of the customer (or any person or entity related to the customer), except where such loss or damage is caused by Mighty’s (or that of its employees) own negligence or breach of the Mighty Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions. Mighty recommends the customer does not leave valuables in the vehicle and that they take out personal travel insurance.
d) Any damage where the customer is charged by the local authorities for being careless, showing gross negligence or willfulness in failing to abide by the local road rules, resulting in damage to the hired vehicle or third party vehicle/property.
e) Retrieving or recovering a vehicle, which may include, but is not limited to a vehicle that has become bogged, submerged, caught, trapped, stuck or restricted in any way and/or has been abandoned.
f) Replacing keys, which have been lost or stolen, or retrieval of keys which have been locked in a vehicle.
g) Any overhead and underbody damage to the vehicle however caused, except where Liability Reduction Option or the Mighty Inclusive Pack has been purchased.
h) Any single vehicle roll over except where the Mighty Inclusive Pack has been purchased.
i) Damage caused to the vehicle because total load (kg) has exceeded recommended load as stated in vehicle manual. Vehicles are not to be used for the purpose of transporting and haulage of goods other than what might be reasonably expected of a leisure rental.
j) Damage caused by drivers not identified on the rental agreement and/or drivers whose licence that has been cancelled or suspended and/or drivers who have a licence that is classified as a learners or probationary licence.
k) Any damage caused to the vehicle due to the incorrect use of snow chains.
l) Any damage associated with the incorrect use of fuel (fuel being diesel or petrol) this includes Biofuel which should not be used, or water or other contamination of fuel.
m) Any water related damage which includes, but is not limited to, vehicle submersion, contact with salt water, creek or river crossings, driving through flooded areas and beach driving.
n) The customer has fitted accessories (as provided by Mighty or otherwise) to the vehicle incorrectly or otherwise in a manner which causes damage to the vehicle, the accessories or any other vehicle or property.
o) Using the vehicle in contravention of any legislation or regulation controlling vehicular traffic.
Vehicle Security Deposit
Upon vehicle collection, a vehicle security deposit is required. The amount is determined by the Liability Reduction Option Selected.
For security purposes only a credit card ;can be used to provide a vehicle security deposit. The credit card holder must be present and able to sign for the vehicle security deposit upon vehicle collection. The credit card holder is jointly and severally liable for any damage to the rental vehicle. Any type of pre-paid travel card is not acceptable as a means to provide a vehicle security deposit. Visa, MasterCard and American Express debit cards are acceptable provided the card is being used as a credit card.
Debited vehicle security deposits are subject to a 1.6% (2.8% American Express) credit card administration fee in addition to the vehicle security deposit amount. Accepted credit cards are Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
Mighty recommend that customers use a Visa or MasterCard credit card for the Liability Deposit, as the credit card administration fee that applies when using American Express is not refundable.
If a Liability Reduction Option is not selected, the vehicle security deposit is AU$5,000 for the Double Up & Big Six and AU$3,500 for all other campervans payable by credit card.
The AU$3,500 or AU$5,000is debited to the hirers card when the vehicle is collected. For this reason it is important that the hirer have the funds available on the credit card and that the amount does not exceed the hirers daily withdrawal allowance available on the credit card.
If Liability Reduction Option or The inclusive Pack has been taken the vehicle security deposit is AU$250.
The AU$250is taken as an authorisation to the hirers card when the vehicle is collected. An authorisation simply records a figure against the hirers credit card of AU$250 that Mighty can then debit if required
The vehicle security deposit is fully refundable, including the credit card surcharge if the card used
to provide the vehicle security deposit is a Visa or MasterCard, provided the vehicle is returned on time, to the correct location, undamaged, in a clean condition with full fuel tanks (fuel being petrol or diesel) and gas bottle. Except where the customer has purchased the Pre-Purchase Gas Option and/or Pre Purchase Fuel, failure to return the vehicle with full petrol or diesel tanks and/or a full LPG bottle will result in refill charges, which will be advised upon return of the vehicle. Failure to adhere to these requirements will result in additional charges plus an administration fee of $50
Mighty reserves the right to retain an AU$250 cleaning fee if the vehicle is not returned in a clean condition. This includes smoking related cleaning, as smoking is not permitted in the vehicle. The toilet and waste water tank must be emptied prior to the return of the vehicle, or an additional AU$125 soiling fee will be retained.
FOR SECURITY PURPOSES, ONLY THE HIRERS CREDIT CARD CAN BE USED FOR VEHICLE SECURITY DEPOSITS.
- Minimum rental period is 5 days If the pick-up and return location are the same. One-way hires are subject to increased minimum hire requirements. Please refer to one way rental for more information.
- Minimum rental is 10 days between December 20 & January 10
- Mighty Double Up and Big Six rentals from Sydney that collect during Bathurst Races (The race usually occurs early October) will have a minimum rental requirement of 7 days.
- Mighty Double Up and Big Six rentals from Melbourne that collect during Phillip Island Races will have a minimum rental requirement of 7 days.
- Minimum rental period is subject to change during peak periods.
- Rental days are calculated on a per day basis. When calculating the number of days a vehicle is rented, the day of pick up is counted as day one of the rental, regardless of pick up time. The day of vehicles return is counted as the final day of the rental.
- Late pick up or early return of vehicle, does not entitle the hirer to any refund of the unused portion of the rental.
- Mighty Pick Up is a self-service process and requires the customer to have completed Self Check-In online or in the branch. If additional service is required from a Mighty staff member, a fee of $50 may apply.
- The customer is required to pick up at the time selected when the booking is confirmed. If the customer wishes to change this time prior to the day of travel, they must obtain authorisation from the Mighty Reservation Centre.
- The customer is required to drop off at the time stated on the Rental Agreement. If the customer wishes to change this time prior to the day of drop off, they must obtain authorisation from the Mighty Reservation Centre.
- If the customer wishes to extend the rental for an extra day(s) whilst on hire, they must first obtain authorisation from Reservations or any of the Mighty branches. The rental extension is subject to vehicle availability. The cost of an extended rental day(s) must be paid by credit or debit card over the telephone on confirmation of the rental extension. The rate charged may not reflect the original rate booked. Failure to obtain authorisation will result in a daily fee of AU$150 in addition to the daily rate.
- Important – please specify accurate pick up and drop off times. Pick up and drop off outside of these times may cause a delay and impact the time spent at the branch.
Late returns will be charged on a per day basis. Failure to obtain authorisation for a rental extension will result in a daily fee of AU$150 in addition to the daily rate.
One Way Rentals
One Way rental fees and minimum periods apply. Please refer to the one way table below showing the minimum days required.
- Big Six is only available to and from Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. Big Six is also available for Perth to Perth hires, but is not available for one way hires out of or into Perth.
- Minimum rental period for one way hires is 7 days or greater depending on collection and return location.
- A one-way fee of $165 applies where pick up originates from Cairns, Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne or Adelaide, and also returns to one of these locations. Should the hire originate or return to or from Darwin, Alice Springs or Perth, the one-way fee will be $250. Example, a Cairns to Darwin one-way rental would incur a one-way fee of $250, where a one-way rental from Cairns to Brisbane will incur a one-way fee of $165.
- The one-way fee if applicable is charged per hire.
- Mighty reserves the right at its sole discretion to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions and/or the distance to the nominated destinations in relation to the length of the hire period.
Additional Products & Services (available at branch on day of pickup)
- Picnic Table - AU$25 per rental
- Picnic Chair - AU$18 per rental
- Extra Driver Fees - AU$2 per day per driver (max charge AU$30)
- Baby/Booster Seat - AU$36 per rental (not avail with all vehicles)
- Tent (4 Persons) - AU$67 per rental
- Heater/Fan - AU$16 per rental
- Satellite Phone - AU$20 per day plus call costs
- Esky Hire - AU$23 per rental
- Portable Shower Hire - AU$16 per rental
- Electrical Adaptor - AU$14 for purchase
- Awnings - AU$5 per day (max AU$80 per rental, not avail on all vehicles)
- First Aid Kit - AU$35 for purchase
- Souvenirs Road Atlas - AU$25 for purchase
- PGO Pre Purchase Gas Option - AU$18 per bottle for Highball & Double Down
- PGO Pre Purchase Gas Option - AU$38 per bottle for Deuce , Double Up & Big Six
All fees are subject to change and approx only. Charges for additional products and services will be charged per hire.
Change of Location
If the customer wishes to change the pick up or drop off location from what was originally booked, permission must be first obtained from the Reservations or Scheduling departments.
Subject to the change being approved, an additional charge of up to AU$750 may apply.
If the customer wishes to extend the rental whilst on hire, they must first obtain authorisation from Reservations or any of the Mighty Branches. The rental extension is subject to vehicle availability. The cost of an extended rental must be paid by credit card over the telephone on confirmation of the rental extension. The rate charged may not reflect the original rate booked. Failure to obtain authorisation will result in a daily fee of AU$150 in addition to the daily rate.
Customer Self Check
Please note that it is mandatory for all customers to complete our Customer Self Check In service.
Mighty clients will need to make their own way from the airport to the applicable Mighty branch, at their own expense.
Infringements & Administration Fees
Mighty reserves the right to charge the hirer for any speeding, toll way or parking fines and/or vehicle damage including Third Party property damage not reported on return of the vehicle. In addition to these costs Mighty, reserve the right to charge for associated administration costs for processing the fines (irrespective of liability) and/or all claims in the event of the customer not having a NIL liability. In addition to the costs associated per fine and/or claim, an administration fee of AU$60 will be applicable. This fee will be applicable per offence.
If the Customer continues to exceed a speed of 110km or continues to exceed the posted speed limit, as determined by the Customer repeatedly ignoring the warnings of the telematics system fitted into the Vehicle, Mighty may impose a fee on the Customer in the amount of AU$300.
Exchange Rate / Currency Variations
All credit and debit card transactions are conducted in Australian dollars. If a refund is due, Mighty will credit the amount due in full to the Customer's credit or debit card. Mighty does not accept any liability for credit or debit card fees or bank-imposed fees relating to currency conversion or foreign transactions, which may appear as a variation between the total debited and the total refunded.
It is important to select the correct licence type (e.g. International OR Australia/New Zealand) for your booking as some rates are only available to Australian/New Zealand licence holders.
Selecting the incorrect licence type may result in a higher amount being charged at pick up.
A current and full (ie no probationary licences are accepted) motor vehicles licence is required and must be produced upon vehicle collection. Should a foreign licence be in a language other than English it must be accompanied by a current international driving permit issued in the same country as the drivers licence was issued. An accredited English translation will be accepted in lieu of an international driving permit.
Double Up, Deuce, Deuce Plus or Big Six
Drivers must be 21 years of age or over.
Highball or Double Down
Drivers must be 18 years of age or over.
All Mighty vehicles are up to a maximum of 7 years of age.
Should a customer have more than one consecutive rental they can be combined to qualify for longer-term hire discounts off the daily vehicle rates. Details are on application.
Campervans can only be driven on sealed/bitumen roads. The only exceptions to this are well-maintained access roads of less than twelve kilometres* to recognised campgrounds, major tourist attractions and well-maintained, recognised roads on Kangaroo Island (South Australia).
*Should a customer wish to travel on an unsealed road that is greater than twelve kilometres in length to access a recognised campground, special permission can be arranged pending road condition, weather and distance. Please contact your local representative to discuss.
Mighty reserves the right at its sole discretion to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions and/or the distance to nominated destinations in relation to the length of the hire period.
Should a customer breach the road restriction rules by taking a vehicle on an unsealed road or restricted road Mighty may impose a fee on the customer of $300 on each occasion that is identified by Mighty.
On Road Assistance
Any problems associated with the vehicle, including equipment failure, must be reported to Mighty as soon as possible and within 24 hours in order to give Mighty the opportunity to rectify the problem during the rental. Failure to do so will compromise any claims for compensation. Mighty does not accept liability for any claims submitted after this period.
Please contact the 24 hour Roadside Assistance on: 1800 670 232
Change of Vehicle
Should the vehicle booked be unavailable Mighty reserves the right to substitute an alternative vehicle without prior notification and at no extra cost. This shall not constitute a breach of contract and does not entitle the hirer to a refund.
Vehicles cannot be requested by make or model, only be vehicle category.
Should the hirer decide to take a smaller vehicle than booked they will not be entitled to any refund.
Cancellation and Amendments
You must put any request to Cancel or Amend in writing or we cannot action. The date of the email will determine the following Cancellation fees:
- If cancelled any time up to 35 days prior to pick-up = 20% or deposit paid (whichever is greater)
- If cancelled from 34 to 7 days prior to pick-up = 40% or deposit paid (whichever is greater)
- If cancelled 6 to 1 days prior to pick-up = 70% of Rental
- If cancelled within 24hrs of pick-up or No-Show = 100% of Rental
- If vehicle is returned early there is no refund available for the unused days and a No Show is considered as 100% Cancellation.
- The cancellation fee period is based on Australian Eastern Standard time.
Amendments: If a bookings travel dates are amended within the cancellation fee period to be outside of the cancellation fee period and is subsequently cancelled, the cancellation fee for the original booking will apply.
$50 per change. This applies but is not limited to changing the client name, vehicle type, reducing the number of rental days, changing the pickup dates or locations. If rental is shortened, no refund will be given on the initial deposit. In addition, if an amendment is made inside 14 days of pick up, the rental will be charged at the number of days originally booked. A relocation fee may also apply if the collection or return location is amended. Where the hire is being extended, the amendment fee will not apply.
If the amendment results in changing vehicle brands your deposit may not transferable.
Amendments may result in the daily rental rate to be recalculated at the rate applicable on the date of the amendment for the entire rental period.
Any amendments within cancellation time period is subject to the supplier providing permission to amend the travel dates, or cancel the reservation and having to re-book.
Mighty reserve the right to refuse any rental at its discretion.
Up to two cats or dogs may be carried in the campervan. A pet fee of $299 will apply per hire. Pets which travel must be registered, treated for fleas and be controllable. At pick-up and drop-off in our branch locations, customers must ensure that their pet is secure on a lead and is supervised by an adult outside of the branch. Pets must be clean and dry before entering the campervan. Whilst driving, pets must be restrained in the rear of the campervan, avoiding the possibility of distracting the driver. Mighty reserves the right to charge the customer a $250 cleaning fee for any animal related soiling of the campervan.
Mighty will not honour calculation errors. Should a calculation error occur Mighty will charge for the shortfall.
Illustrations and text on the website are a representation only of the vehicle depicted. Variances in the vehicles offered for rental may occur due to substitutions made by Mighty or modifications and/or upgrades to the vehicle design made by the manufacturer.