Jucy Terms & Conditions
Valid from 01 April 2023
8:00am - 5:00pm
8:00am - 2:00pm
9:00am - 2:00pm
8:00am - 5:00pm
9:00am - 4:00pm
9:00am - 2:00pm
8:00am - 6:00pm
8:00am - 2:00pm
10:00am - 2:00pm
8:00am - 4:00pm
Sat & Sun
9:00am - 2:00pm
8:00am - 5:00pm
9:00am - 4:00pm
Once the customers arrive at the airport and have cleared customs and collected their baggage, they need to call JUCY on 1800150 850 (AU Freephone) and select option 1 to arrange a shuttle transfer. The latest shuttle runs from the airport is 45 minutes before closing.
Minimum days & one way rentals
Delivery and Return of the Vehicle
Change of drop-off destination
Use of the vehicle:
The Customer agrees that, during the Rental Period, the Customer will not allow the Vehicle to be:
- driven otherwise than in a prudent and cautious manner. A single vehicle rollover is considered a breach of this condition and the customer will be responsible for the first AU$5,000 of the cost of damage regardless of fault;
- driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol level in excess of that permitted by law;
- left with the ignition key in the Vehicle while it is unoccupied;
- damaged by: (i) submersion in water; (ii) contact with salt water; (iii) creek or river crossing; (iv) driving through low plain flooded areas; (v) beach driving
- used for any illegal purpose or in any race, rally or contest;
- used to tow any vehicle or trailer;
- used to carry passengers or property for hire or reward;
- used to carry more persons than is permitted by any relevant authority or detailed in the Vehicle manual or on the Vehicle or specified in this Agreement;
- used to carry volatile liquids, gases, explosives or other corrosive or inflammable material.
Road restrictions apply as follows: Vehicles must not be used on any unsealed road (being a road not sealed with a hard material such as tar, bitumen or concrete). Off road conditions include, but are not limited to: fire trails, beaches, sand, tracks, fields or paddocks. The only exception to this is reasonable use of access roads to recognized commercial campgrounds.
We value your well being, and for safety purposes Jucy reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions, and the distance to nominated destinations in relation to the length of hire period. Jucy will advise you on pick up of any travel restrictions known at that time. Where Jucy mandates a change in drop off location, late drop off fees will not apply.
The Customer shall not make any alternations or additions to the Vehicle without the prior written consent of Jucy.
The Customer will not allow any animals to be carried in the Vehicle, excluding registered guide dogs. The Customer shall take all reasonable steps to properly maintain the Vehicle, including daily checks of the oil, water and batteries, and will contact Jucy immediately should vehicle warning lights indicate any potential malfunction.
Maintenance and Repairs
For repairs costing over AU$100, Jucy will need to be informed and confirm the repair in advance. Repairs will be approved and reimbursement, where applicable, will be granted provided the Customer was not responsible for the damage.
For your Protection
Vehicle protection options
a) the Vehicle is insured for third party Vehicle and property damage;
b) the Customer will have to pay a liability fee in respect of any damage incurred whilst in the Customer’s possession;
c) the liability fee may be reduced by taking out Liability Reduction coverage (see below)
Any Liability Reduction is void, and the Customer will be responsible for the total cost of any damage if the Customer breaches any of the conditions of the use of vehicle clause
If no Liability Reduction Option is taken, the customer is responsible for the first AU$3000 - $5000 of the cost of damage
Note: Standard Cover & the Liability Reduction option do not cover tyre & windscreen damage, there is also a $75
Stress Free Package covers all damage including all glass breakages (with the exception of sunroof and roof pod), under body & overhead damage
The Standard Liability can be reduced by purchasing one of the following Liability Reduction Options:
|Liability Option||Vehicle||Cost per Day||Liability Fee||Bond Payable|
|Standard Liability||crib & crib+ (champ)||Included in Rental||$3,000||$3,000|
|Standard Liability||Condo, Compass, Cruiser||Included in Rental||$5,000||$5,000|
|LRO 1 (SF)||crib & crib+ (champ)||$30||$0||$0|
|LRO 1 (SF)||Condo, Compass, Cruiser||$40||$0||$0|
|Stress Free Plus Package||crib & crib+ (champ)||$45||$0||$0 (imprint taken)|
|Stress Free Plus Package||Condo, Compass, Cruiser||$55||$0||$0 (imprint taken)|
*If using a debit card, a $300 security bond is required even with Stress Free & Stress Free plus.
LRO1 - Stress Free
With this cover option, if taken out, the hirer will not have to pay any liability for any damage to the vehicles ,Front, Back or Side Panels including tyres, all window/glass breakages (with the exception of sunroof and roof pod).
Stress Free Plus Package
Stress Free Plus Package is a full cover option, where the Stress Free Package is taken out, the hirer will not have to pay any liability for any damage to the vehicle, including tyres, all window/glass breakages including sunroof and roof pod, Single Vehicle Rollover damage and includes extras like GPS, Table & Chairs
- For hires of 51 days and over, a maximum of 50 days excess reduction premium will be charged.
- JUCY’s excess reduction options are null and void if any of the Rental Agreement terms and conditions are breached , in which case hirer will be liable for the full cost of damage. For more information please see JUCY T&Cs.
- It is hirer's responsibility to collect accurate third party details in the event of an accident, regardless of what excess reduction cover is taken, and regardless also of fault.
- If Stress Free Plus excess reduction is not taken, and roof/rooftop pod damage or single vehicle rollover incident occurs, a charge of up to $5,000 will apply to cover damage to the JUCY vehicle and any third party vehicle and/or property.
- If Standard excess reduction is chosen:
- A bond to cover the excess will be pre-authorised for security on the hirer’s credit card for the duration of the rental, even if hirer has alternative insurance with another provider. All or part of this bond will be claimed by JUCY in the event of an accident and will be retained until the value of the damage is determined. Any balance between the bond and the damage cost will be returned as soon as is practical.
- Any costs to repair damage caused by a third party may not be recoverable as insurance is not compulsory in Australia
- A $75 Claims administration fee will also be charged.
*If using debit card, a $300 security bond is required even with Stress Free & Stress Free plus.
Jucy will hold $300 as a security bond to cover any infringements or charges that may occur whilst on hire e.g. Tolls, speeding fines, cleaning fees, camping fines, late returns etc.$300 security bond is pre-authorised on the debit card at the time of pickup and released 10 (working) days after the authorization date.
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND OUR CUSTOMERS TAKE THE STRESS FREE PACKAGE FOR TRAVEL WITH COMPLETE PEACE OF MIND.
Damage as identified below is specifically excluded from any Liability Reduction or Stress Free Package limitation of liability and the Customer remains fully liable for all costs incurred:
- For any damage due to vehicle use in contravention of clause “Use of Vehicle”;
- Any damage caused by willful misconduct (e.g sitting or standing on the bonnet or roof of the Vehicle) and driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs and negligence resulting in damage to the hired Vehicle or third party vehicle/property;
- For any loss or damage to Personal belongings: Jucy recommends the Customer does not leave valuables in the vehicle and that they take out personal insurance;
- If the Customer is proven to have not abided by the current road rules, resulting in damage to the hired Vehicle or third party vehicle/property;
- The cost to retrieve or recover a vehicle, which has become bogged;
- The cost to replace keys which have become lost, stolen, or retrieval of keys which have been locked in the Vehicle;
- For any costs relating to overhead or under body damage however caused (not excluded with Stress Free Package);
- Drivers not identified on the rental agreement and/or drivers that have a licence that has been cancelled or suspended and/or drivers who have a licence that is classified as a learners or probationary licence
- Any damage to the sunroof.
- Any damage caused by driving while the vehicles engine is overheated; and
- Any damage caused to the interior or roof pod of the vehicle
Forms Of Payment Accepted
- Credit card - Visa MasterCard or Amex
- Debit Card - Visa or MasterCard
- AUD cash
- AU EFTPOS card
If the Customer does not take an Liability Reduction Option , the Security Deposit of AU$3000 - $5000 payable by credit card only. A credit card authorisation and credit card imprint will be taken.
If Stress Free Package Option has been taken, an imprint of the customers credit card details will be held on file as a security that the contract is not breached while on hire, however no liability fee is applicable.
Baby Seats/Booster Seats
No Go Zones
Jucy are happy for customers to roam far and wide, but we do have some restrictions. The vehicle should not be used in any offroad conditions including unsealed/unformed roads (being a road not sealed with hard material such as tar, bitumen or concrete), fire trails, beaches, sand, tracks, fields or paddocks. The only exception to this is reasonable use of access roads to recognised commercial campgrounds up to 12 kilometres.
Credit card Payment
a) Jucy is irrevocably authorised to complete any documentation and take any other action to recover from the Customers credit card issuer all amounts due by the Customer pursuant to this Agreement, including, but not limited to, any amounts due in respect of damage to the Vehicle or to property of a third party and all other additional charges as they are incurred including all parking and traffic infringement penalties, road toll fines and associated administration costs;
b) The Customer will not dispute his/her liability to Jucy for any amount properly due under this Agreement and the Customer shall indemnify and keep indemnified Jucy against any loss incurred (including legal costs) by reason of notifying the Customer’s credit card issuer of such dispute;
c) In the event that Jucy elect to accept payment of the Security Deposit by holding a signed and authorised open credit card voucher which is returned to the Customer at the completion of the Rental Period, the Customer agrees that Jucy is entitled to recover payment from the Customer’s credit card issuer pursuant to paragraph (a) in respect of any amounts due which were not known at the time of return of the voucher;
d) Jucy may process credit card charges pertaining to the rental after the hire period. The Customer acknowledges that all transactions under this Agreement are conducted in Australian dollars. Due to exchange rate fluctuations and bank fees, there may be a variance between the amount initially debited against the Customer’s credit card and the amount refunded. Jucy accepts no liability for any such variation.
|Mastercard Credit||Visa Credit||Mastercard Debit||Visa Debit||Union pay International||AMEX|
Current and subject to change without notice
Personal and company cheques
JUCY reserves the right to refuse any rental at our discretion.
• Vehicles are provided in a clean and tidy manner and should be returned in a similar state. Animals and smoking are not permitted in the vehicle. A cleaning fee of up to $250 for general cleaning and up to $500 for greywater/toilet cleaning may apply.
• If the vehicle is returned late, a full hire day applies for each day until the vehicle is returned. An additional unauthorised extension fee of up to $500 may apply.
• There are no refunds for early return and additional fees will apply if the vehicle is returned to an alternative location without prior approval from JUCY in writing.
• With Risk taker and Stress free cover - if the vehicle is involved in a single-vehicle rollover or the roof of the vehicle is damaged because of any single vehicle incident or accident the hirer is liable for the costs of up to $5000.
• Failure to return the vehicle full of petrol, diesel and/or LPG tanks (where applicable) will incur a $20 administration fee as well as the cost of refill.
• JUCY should be notified of any accident, mechanical breakdown, or equipment failure within 24 hours of it occurring JUCY does not cover loss or damage to any personal belongings.
• The hirer is liable for all costs associated with replacing keys which have been lost, broken or damaged and/or the cost of retrieval of keys which have been locked inside a vehicle. Please note a replacement key could be up to $1000 plus associated costs to the event.
Credit Card Surcharge -Discovery Rentals
Credit card fees are payable when using Visa, Mastercard or AMEX as these are subject to change Find out the current rates for your card here
Additional Hire Items
- JUCY GPS - $10 per day
- Camping table - $25 per hire
- Camping chair - $18 per hire
- Snow chains - $50 per hire
- Child seats - $40 per hire
- Prepaid Gas Bottles - $35 per hire
- Additional drivers – $2 per day (capped at 25 days)
- Phone holder - $5 per hire
- AUX Cable - $5 each
- Solar Shower - $25 each
- USB adaptors - $5 each
- Cassette toilets in the Condo are free of charge but will only be included if requested
- Pet fee (dog) - $299 per hire
Cancellation and Amendments
- If cancelled up to 22 days prior to pick =20% or deposit paid (whichever is greater)
- If cancelled 1 to 21 days prior to pick up – 50% of the Rental
- If cancelled within 24hrs of day of pick up or no show – 100% of the Rental
- If vehicle is returned early there is no refund available for the unused days and a No Show is considered as 100% Cancellation.
If an amendment is made to the rental whereby the length of hire is shortened, no refund will be given on the initial deposit amount nor can it be transferred to the balance payable on pick up. In addition, if an amendment is made inside 14 days of pick up, the rental will be charged at the number of days originally booked. A relocation fee may also apply if the collection or return location is amended.
Where the hire is being extended, the amendment fee will not apply.
Please note that amendments may result in the daily rental rate to be recalculated at the rate applicable on the date of the amendment for the entire rental period.
If a bookings travel dates are amended within the cancellation fee period to be outside of the cancellation fee period and is subsequently cancelled, the cancellation fee for the original booking will apply.