Apollo Terms & Conditions
This document contains a summary of some of the Rental Conditions. For full detailed Conditions refer to the Rental Agreement on pick-up.
Branch Opening Hours
(allow 1 hour for collection)
1 April - 31 March
9:00am - 4:00pm
1 April - 19 December
9:00am - 4:00pm
1 April - 19 December
9:00am - 4:00pm
Please note Broome, Alice Springs & Darwin are closed from the 20th December to 31st March every year
New Years Day
Australia Day Holiday (observed)
Vehicle Introduction and Show Through
On pick-up, our staff provide guests with a thorough vehicle show through with all the necessary information guests need to know about the interior and exterior features of their RV. This ensures guests are comfortable and confident with their vehicle before they start their road trip
To ensure guests have a thorough vehicle show through before starting their road trip, they will need to pick up their vehicle from the branch by 4pm.
Included in Standard Daily Rate
- Unlimited Kilometres for 2wd
- 300 Kilometers for 4wd
- Vehicle Insurance (liability applies)
- 10% GST (Goods & Services Tax)*
- Kitchen Kit*
- Personal linen kit
- General Equipment*
- 24 Hour Roadside Assistance
- Maps & Campground Guides
- Hand Held Shower (4wd Only)
*Goods & Services Tax (GST)
GST is an Australian Federal Government imposed tax. GST is included in all Apollo rates and is currently 10%. Apollo reserves the right to amend GST upon Government intervention.
Kitchen kit: plates, bowls, knives, forks, spoons, bottle opener, can opener, mixing bowls, colander, saucepans, frying pans, cooking utensils, chopping board, kettle, teapot, toaster and tea towel. Electrical appliances are supplied in vehicles that have 240V.
Complimentary bedding (including sheets, blankets, pillows, pillow cases and towels).
pegs, clothes line, fire extinguisher, bucket, hose, broom, dustpan and brush. 4WD RVs also include a Personal Locator Beacon.
We’re cooking with gas! A gas bottle is necessary for cooking in the RV. A full gas bottle(s) needs to be pre-purchased and can be returned empty to Apollo at the completion of the road trip. Fee applies for each booking of a multiple rental.
Gas bottles for the compact RVs (Hitop, Endeavour and Euro Tourer) and 4WD RVs cost $25. Gas bottles for the 4 Berth and 6 Berth RVs cost $35.
The RV has third party insurance cover and it is likely that any other vehicle involved in an accident also has third-party insurance. Depending on the circumstances of an accident, the guest may be entitled to claim for their personal injury against the third-party insurance of the party responsible for the accident. The extent of such third-party insurance varies in different States and Territories and Apollo strongly recommends that all passengers take out their own Personal Injury Travel Insurance.
The RV is insured for damage to it and damage to the property of a third party. However, the guest is responsible up to the amount of the applicable liability for damage to third party property, or to the RV. The guest is also responsible for the cost of the daily rate for the period the vehicle is being repaired. There is no refund for unused portion of the rental period. The Liability applies to each claim, not RV.
The liability is applicable regardless of who is at fault and must be paid at the time the accident is reported to Apollo by telephone on a credit card, not on return of the RV. Apollo reserves the right to charge the guest for any RV damage including Third Party property damage not reported but identified on return of the RV.
We understand that everyone has different needs and therefore offer a range of liability options to provide peace of mind. The amount payable for each reduction option is based on the minimum rental period applicable for each RV or total days of RV booking. The maximum charge for liability reduction options is 50 days.
|Liability Option||Vehicle||Cost per Day||Liability Fee||Bond Payable|
|Standard||Hitop, Endeavour||Included in Rental||$5,000||$5,000|
|-||All other 2WD||Included in Rental||$7,500||$7,500|
|-||4WD Campervan||Included in Rental||$8,000||$8,000|
|LRO1 - The Middle Road||2WD Campervan||$38 (max $1,900)||$2,500||$2,500|
|-||4WD Campervan||$41 (max $2,050)||$2,500||$2,500|
|LRO2 - The High Road||2WD Campervan||$45 (max $2,250)||$0||$250|
|-||4WD Campervan||$47 (max $2,350)||$500||$500|
|Stress Free - Value Pack||2WD Campervan||$58.75 (max $2,937.50)||$0||$250|
|-||4WD Campervan||$65 (max $3,250)||$500||$500|
The Bond payment will depend on the Liability Option chosen. If the guest chooses to take ‘The Low Road’ or ‘The Middle Road’ the total Bond will be debited to the credit or debit card immediately.
If the guest chooses to take ‘The High Road’ the Bond is payable to Apollo by an open signed credit card imprint with an authorisation for $250/$500. The credit card holder must be present to sign for the Bond when they pick-up the RV and is liable for any damage to the RV.
The Bond is fully refundable provided our rental contract terms are met. The RV simply needs to be returned on time and full of fuel and with the toilet cassette and grey water tank emptied to the Apollo branch location booked. Credit card refunds (including Bond refunds) can take up to 14 business days depending on the guest’s financial institution.
If there is damage to the RV on its return or any other terms of the rental contract have not been met, the Bond will be used to cover the cost up to the amount of the relevant Liability. If the terms of the Rental Contract are not met and the Bond is not sufficient enough to cover the damage, extra costs will be charged.
If a guest is continuing on with another Apollo RV booking, the Bond can be transferred to the next booking within Australia.
Exchange Rate / Currency Variations
All transactions are conducted in Australian dollars. Due to exchange rate fluctuations, there could be some variance in the amount refunded compared to the amount initially charged. Refunds by credit card can take up to 14 working days depending on the guest’s financial institution.
4WD Additional Cover
Adventure vehicles only
For 4WD guests who like to venture further afield we offer additional cover. This cover is available when ‘The High Road’ or Value Pack is purchased. For the Apollo Adventure Camper price is $299.00.
The additional cover protects the guest for:
- Accidental damage to the overhead and underbody sections of the 4WD Campervan*
- Unlimited tyre and windscreen cover
- Damage to the awning
- Unlimited kilometres
- $0 Liability ($500 bond) Included with the High Road/ Value Pack
- Towing and RV recovery costs from roads and areas where permission to travel had been granted by Apollo
- Single Vehicle Rollover
*This protection does not cover bogged RVs.
Value Pack - Stress Free
The Value Pack is a bundled extra which provides the highest liability cover option and basic items necessary for a great road trip. The minimum amount payable per rental for Value Pack is the five-day minimum booking period. The maximum amount payable per rental segment is 50 days.
Apollo 2WD $58.75 per day (maximum $2,937.50)
‘The High Road’, unlimited windscreen and tyres, undercarriage/overhead damage (covered for accidental damage), pre-purchased gas bottle, initial set of toilet chemicals, camp chairs and table, and baby/booster seats (with prior request)
Apollo 4WD $65 per day (maximum $3,250)
‘The High Road’, pre-purchased gas bottle, initial set of toilet chemicals, camp chairs and cable, and baby/booster seats (with prior request).
Long Hire & Early Bird Discounts
Guests who love road trips as much as we do and travel for more than 21 days receive 8% off daily rates. This is also available to guests with multiple bookings that total 21 days or more.
Planning early pays off! When booking 180+ days in advance receive a 5% Early Bird discount.
The Early Bird Discount and Long-Term Discount can be combined to get an even better road trip deal.
Drivers Licence and Minimum Age
For the safety of our guests a current and full motor vehicle driver licence is required to be shown at pick-up and all drivers need to be present. If the driver licence is not in English then we require an accredited English translation or an International Driver Permit. For travel in the Northern Territory, an International Driving Permit is required along with the foreign driver licence. We do not accept Digital Driver licences.
Note: UK driver licences that have had approved extensions by the UK DVLA (Driver and Vehicle Licencing Agency) can still travel for up to 11 months past the licence expiry. This extension only applies to full GB driving licence holders. It does not apply to provisional driving licence entitlement.
Drivers must be over the age of 21, have held a licence for at least two years and the licence must be valid for the entire booking duration.
It is important to select the correct country in which the drivers licence was issued to ensure correct rates are calculated.
We love to reward our long-term road trippers so consecutive rentals, within a 3-month period, in United States of America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, France, the United Kingdom and Ireland on StarRV, Apollo, Cheapa Campa, Hippie, Canadream and Bunk Campers can be combined to obtain a long-term discount. If drop-off of one RV and pick-up of a new RV occurs on the same day then a day will be charged for each RV. Multiple rentals are considered separate rentals under the one-way fee and minimum rental period conditions.
Change of Drop Off Destination
If the customer wishes to change the drop off destination, they must first obtain authorisation from the Reservations or Scheduling departments.
Subject to the change being approved, an additional charge or a relocation fee may apply.
We understand guests’ needs are different and therefore our vehicles can be requested by category, however not by make or model. We always do our best to accommodate requests, however should the vehicle booked be unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, we will substitute the booked vehicle with an alternative available at time of pick-up, at no extra cost. Any changes made to the booked vehicle and agreed to by the guest do not entitle the guest to a refund.
In the event of no alternative vehicle being available to the guest, Apollo's liability is limited to a refund of the hire charge or in the case of mechanical failure (unless caused by the guest) the remainder of the hire period.
Pre-resiter Online / Customer Self Check
It is mandatory for guests to complete Apollo’s online check-in prior to pick up at: https://preregistration.apollocamper.com/ By completing the required pick-up information ahead of the pick-up date, guests will experience a smoother and quicker RV collection process. Guests will also be required to watch our Apollo safe driving video prior to pick up, and can access our ‘How To Videos’ through the Apollo Connect App prior to pick up to learn how to use their RV.
Apollo Connect Apollo Connect is our custom-built app available for our guests travelling in Australia and New Zealand. The free app provides our guests with all the necessary information needed to make their Apollo journey even better. The App is designed to:
- Enhance guest’s holiday experience by providing ‘how-to videos’ prior to pick up, so that they become familiar with their vehicle before arriving at the branch, and prepare any questions they may have.
- Educate our guests on how to use the vehicle and safe driving practices.
- Provide Apollo contact details to extend their holiday, contact roadside assistance, email any other enquiries and find answers to FAQ’s.
- Provide information on campgrounds while on the road and allow for campgrounds to be booked.
- Search and book great deals on attractions and activities through ApolloClub.
- Find helpful information on branch locations, nearby petrol stations, dumping stations, supermarkets, ATMs etc.
Guests can download the app on Google Play or the App Store.
Branches are conveniently located near major airports, making pick-up and drop-off even easier for our guests. Guests can arrange transport to and from the airport via taxi or rideshare at their own cost.
A road trip allows guests to travel at their own pace. To ensure our guests get the most of their holiday a minimum five-day booking applies, when pick-up and drop-off is from the same branch location. Minimum booking periods may also apply during peak periods such as Christmas, Easter, Bathurst & Phillip Island motor racing, etc.
Road-trips don’t always finish where they started, some of the best adventures don’t. If a guest drops-off at a different branch location from which they picked-up, a minimum booking period applies and $165 one-way fee applies. The minimum booking periods for one-way bookings are between 7 and 21 days dependent on destinations .
There are no one way rentals permitted from Hobart to any other location between 1 November and 31 March, unless specific permission is granted by Apollo Reservations.
Not all RVs are suitable for all driving situations, so it’s important the right RV is chosen for the travel planned. Apollo, at its discretion may restrict RV travel in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions, and the distance to nominated destinations in relation to the length of the rental period. For the safety of guests, the following travel restrictions are in place:
Our 2WD RVs aren’t equipped for the rougher terrain and cannot be driven on unsealed roads. Well maintained access roads which lead to recognised campgrounds and are less than 10 kilometres long are allowed.
Apollo 2WD RVs can be driven to any island on sealed roads as long as permission is obtained from Apollo Assist prior to travel.
Restricted (Permission Required) for travel
- North of Laura/Cooktown, North Stradbroke Island and Magnetic Island QLD
- Kangaroo Island SA
Not Permitted at all times
- Unsealed roads longer than 5KM
- Any Beaches
- Fraser Island
- Moreton Island
Our 4WD RVs are ready to take adventurous travellers off the beaten track, however for the safety of our guests, there are areas from which our vehicles are restricted. For restricted destinations listed below, guests are required to nominate expected travel plans with the branch at pick-up and confirm with relevant local authorities that roads are passable prior to travel.
|State /Territory||Restricted (Permission Required)||Not Permitted at all times|
Any islands,Simpson Desert, Any remote unsealed roads (not listed below)
Burke Development Road from Chillagoe to Normanton, Cape York (North of Laura/Cooktown*),Savannah Way (Normanton to
Borroloola), Bloomfield track, Sandover Highway,
Frenchman Track, Starcke Track
|Fraser Island, Moreton Island, Old Telegraph Road section of the road to Cape York, CREB Track Cape York (between 1 December- 31 May)|
|South Australia||Oodnadatta Track, Strzelecki Track, Gunbarrel Highway|
|Western Australia||Bungle Bungles, Gibb River Road, Kalumburu Road, Mitchell Falls/ Plateau, Tanami Track, Warburton, Fairfield-Leopold’s Downs Road (Tunnel Creek), Gunbarrel Highway||Old Gunbarrel Highway, Canning Stock Route|
|Northern Territory||Arnhem Land, Larapinta Road
between Hermannsburg and Petermann , Plenty Highway, Savannah Way, Normanton to Borroloola, Finke Road (between Alice Springs and Oodnadatta Track), Tanami Track, Sandover Highway and Jim Jim Falls & Twin Falls.
|Boggy Hole (Finke Gorge National Park), Central Arnhem Road (past Barunga), The Lost City in Litchfield Park, the Old South Road from Maryvale to Finke|
*Travel to Cape York is not permitted between the period of 1 December to 31 May and at all other times permission is required.
Apollo at its discretion may restrict RV travel in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions, and the distance to nominated destinations in relation to the length of the rental period. If applicable, any further restrictions will be mentioned at pick-up. Guests are encouraged to contact Apollo Assist at 1300 798 212 if any concerns regarding road accessibility
For the safety of guests please don’t underestimate the time it will take to get from one point to another. While our RVs include unlimited kilometres we recommend travelling a maximum of 250 kilometres per day or the equivalent of 4-5 hours driving.
Our 4WD rates include 300 kilometres per day however should a little more adventure be needed, 500 kilometre packages are available before or at time of pick-up for $188. If the road traveled is a little longer, any excess kilometres will be charged at $0.40 per kilometre.
Returning the RV
The motorhome is a home away from home and for comfort, we recommend it’s kept tidy throughout the road trip. The vehicles need to be returned to the branch as they were taken, with the interior cleaned and holding tanks emptied. The vehicle exterior does not require cleaning unless it’s covered with excessive dirt or mud, making it difficult for our team to see its return condition. Drop and Go is available to be pre-purchased or added on pick-up to offer quick and easy return.
We understand that while on holiday the vehicle may require small repairs. So not to disrupt the road trip any further, if the damage was not caused by the guest, repairs up to $100 can be completed without authorisation and will be reimbursed. If repairs over $100 are needed, the Apollo Assist team should be informed prior to repair being completed.
All vehicles are enrolled in the Australian Automobile Association and 24hr mechanical emergency roadside assistance is available if needed simply contact Apollo Assist at 1300 798 212.
Infringements, Tolls & Fines
Apollo will pass on any charges the guest receives for traffic infringements, toll way or parking fines during their road trip. No one likes unexpected surprises or additional administration fees, so we’ll only pass on to guests the exact amount of the fine or charge received.
Effective from 11 November 2019 Apollo will be introducing a $75 admin fee on top of the fine to process any tolls received.
We believe fur friends can only make a road trip better and both service animals and pet dogs are allowed to travel in our RVs with written permission from Apollo at time of booking. There is a $200 pet service fee for each pet(excluding service animals). Service dogs are permitted in all vehicles. If a vehicle is returned soiled by a pet, Apollo reserves the right to charge an extra cleaning fee. Our full policy can be viewed on the Apollo website
Our vehicles are a smoke free zone, smoking is not allowed in any of our motorhomes. If smoke or drug residue is detected Apollo reserves the right to charge a cleaning fee.
Payment at Branches
For security reasons, Apollo accepts Credit card and Debit card for charges paid on RV pick-up and drop-off. We do not accept cash at Apollo branches. The Bond is payable at pick-up by Credit card or Debit Card and cannot be paid with a pre-paid Credit card.
Credit and Debit cards
Apollo accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club and Union Pay. The following fees apply for the rental and any additional products (irrespective of chosen account e.g. savings, credit, etc.):
Visa Debit card /MasterCard Debit card 0.71%
Visa Credit card/MasterCard Credit Card 1.52%
Amex/Diners/Union Pay 2.8%
Fees are subject to change without notice
Credit Card Surcharge - Discovery Rentals
Credit card fees are payable when using Visa, Mastercard or AMEX as these are subject to change Find out the current rates for your card here credit card fees are not refundable
For peace of mind, we strongly recommend that all guests take out the highest level of private travel insurance.
Additional Products & Services
To be requested at time of reservation or upon vehicle collection and paid by customer on day of vehicle collection:
- Outdoor Table - $24 per rental
- Outdoor Chair - $17 each per rental
- Camp Chair & Table Bundle 2 chairs x 1 table - $44.00
- Camp Chair & Table Bundle 6 chairs x 1 table - $66.00
- Heater/Fan - $15 per rental
- Toilet Chemicals- $2.50each
- Baby/Booster Seat - $35 per rental -
*Apollo offers forward facing baby and booster seats for hire. Guests need to supply their own rear facing baby seat/capsule if required. Please note: it is the guest's responsibility to fit the child restraints in the vehicle.
- Satellite Phone - AU$20 per day plus call charges (Must be pre-booked at least 7 days prior to pick up.)
- Drop & Go - $75 Simply return the vehicle neat and tidy and we’ll take care of the rest including vehicle, cabin and bathroom cleaning.
- First Aid Kit - AU$50 (A First Aid kit is supplied in every RV. If the seal is broken or the kit is not returned the kit becomes the property of the guest and fee is charged.)
- Extended Roadside Assistance - $4 per day capped at 25 days(This includes opening vehicle on lock out, lost key replacement up to $120, emergency towing up to 25km, jump start, flat tyre change using spare located in the vehicle, fuel delivery up to 20 litres and call out fee up to $150. Non-mechanical issues are not covered and guests may be required to take the vehicle to a repairer.)
- Windscreen and Tyre Protection Plus Extended Roadside Assistance (WAP) - $7 per day capped at 25 Days This includes 1 windscreen, 2 tyres and the Extended Roadside Assistance. This value add is not available for the Vivid Camper.
- Toll Package - $39.00 Credit of $50 when travelling through toll ways.
- Pre-Purchased Gas Bottle – 2WD campervans, 2 Berth motorhomes, 4WD - $25 per rental
- Pre-Purchased Gas Bottle – 2WD 4 Berth and 6 Berth motorhomes - $35 per rental
- A gas bottle is necessary for cooking in the RV. A full gas bottle(s) may be pre-purchased and can be returned empty to Apollo at the completion of the road trip. Fee applies for each booking component of a multiple rental.
- First Aid Kit $50.00 A First Aid kit is supplied in every RV. If the seal is broken or the kit is not returned the kit becomes the property of the guest and the fee is charged.
- One-Way Fee $165.00 Minimum days apply.
- Pet Cleaning Fee $200.00 Applies on all bookings where a pet dog is travelling in the RV.
- Broome Location Fee $750.00 Per rental
- Change of Drop-off location after Pick up $750.00 minimum Subject to availability
- Cleaning Fee $200.00 Applies only when the RV is returned without the
Cancellation and Amendments
You must put any request to Cancel or Amend in writing or we cannot action. The date of the email will determine the following Cancellation fees:
- If cancelled up to 35+ days prior to pick-up = Loss of deposit or 20% (minimum $350)
- If cancelled from 34 to 14 days prior to pick-up = 30% of Total Rental (minimum $350)
- If cancelled from 13 to 1 days prior to pick-up = 70% of Rental + $100 (minimum $350)
- If cancelled within 24 hours of pick-up or No-Show = 100% of Rental (minimum $350)
- If vehicle is returned early there is no refund available for the unused days and a No Show is considered as 100% Cancellation.
Original pick-up date or the earliest confirmed pick-up date is used to calculate the cancellation fee.
Amendments: If a bookings travel dates are amended within the cancellation fee period to be outside of the cancellation fee period and is subsequently cancelled, the cancellation fee for the original booking will apply.
$50 per change. This applies but is not limited to changing the client name, vehicle type, reducing the number of rental days, changing the pickup dates or locations. If rental is shortened, no refund will be given on the initial deposit. In addition, if an amendment is made inside 14 days of pick up, the rental will be charged at the number of days originally booked. A relocation fee may also apply if the collection or return location is amended. Where the hire is being extended, the amendment fee will not apply.
If the amendment results in changing vehicle brands your deposit may not transferable.
Amendments may result in the daily rental rate to be recalculated at the rate applicable on the date of the amendment for the entire rental period.
Any amendments within cancellation time period is subject to the supplier providing permission to amend the travel dates, or cancel the reservation and having to re-book.
Change of rate scheme including special rates. If the rate scheme or vehicle category is changed, this is considered a new booking and cancellation fees may apply to the original booking.
If a bookings travel dates are amended within the cancellation fee period to be outside of the cancellation fee period and is subsequently cancelled, the cancellation fee for the original booking will apply.
Other Things You Need To Know
Apollo reserves the right to refuse any rental at our discretion.
While on their road trip guests are responsible for:
- Damage caused where the terms of Rental Contract have not been met of the guest (other than when a third party damage admits fault and provides full contact and licence details).
- Damage caused by negligence and/or wilful conduct.
- Damage caused to the vehicle in any way by part or total water submersion or salt water. It’s true, our vehicles can’t swim.
- Damage caused to tyres and windscreen except where ‘Value Pack’ has been purchased and applies.
- Damage caused to the vehicle when using the RV in contravention of any legislation or regulation controlling vehicular traffic.
- Damage caused due to a single vehicle roll over except where the ‘Value Pack’,‘4WD Additional Cover’ or ‘Single Vehicle Rollover’ has been purchased and applies.
- Damage and associated costs with recovery of a bogged vehicle.
- Damage or loss caused to any personal belongings.
- Damage caused due to use of incorrect or contaminated fuel.
- Damage to the underbody or overhead of the RV except where the ‘Value Pack’ has been purchased and applies.
- Damage to the awning of the RV except where ‘4wd Additional Cover’ has been purchased and applies.
- Our RVs are equipped with a tracking device. Apollo reserves the right to send warnings to guests that are driving in contradiction to the terms and conditions, or exceeding the speed limits. Guests that continuously ignore the warnings may be subject to a penalty fee of $300 charged on each occasion identified.
Rates/Terms/Conditions are subject to change without notice.
Enjoy the adventure, wherever it takes you.
Illustrations and text in any of our documentation, brochures or website are subject to change. Images are a representation only of the vehicle depicted. Variances in the vehicles offered for rental may occur due to substitutions made by Apollo or modifications and/or upgrades to the vehicle design made by the manufacturer.