Britz Terms & Conditions
Travel 01 April 2022- 31 March 2023
This document contains a summary of some of the Rental Conditions. For full detailed Conditions refer to the Rental Agreement on pick-up.
Branch Opening Hours
(allow 1 hour for collection)
|Location||Dates and Hours of Operation|
|SYDNEY, MELBOURNE, ADELAIDE, PERTH||
1 April - 30 April
1 May - 31 August
1 September - 31 March
1 April - 30 September
1 October - 28 February
1 March - 31 March
1 April - 30 June
1 July - 31 August
1 September - 31 March
|ALICE SPRINGS, DARWIN AND BROOME||
1 April - 30 April
1 May - 31 October
1 Nov - 30 Nov
1 Dec - 31 March
1 April - 30 April
1 May - 31 October
1 November - 31 March
Christmas Day, 25th Dec
New Years Day 1st Jan
Australia Day Holiday 26th Jan
Good Friday 15th April
Vehicle Pick-Ups and Drop-Offs:
Customers picking up or dropping off vehicle must be at the branch by 3:00pm.
The 4WD Safari Landcruiser and the Outback are only available to or from Adelaide, Alice Springs, Brisbane, Broome, Cairns, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth and are only available for travel from 15 April to 13 November inclusive.
$100 Public Holiday Surcharge
- 16th April 2022- Easter Saturday (All depots excl Hobart, Perth & Broome)
- 17th April 2022- Easter Sunday (Cairns, Brisbane, Sydney & Melbourne)
- 18th April 2022- Easter Monday (All depots)
- 25th April 2022- Anzac Day (All depots)
- 2nd May 2022 - Applies to Alice Springs, Darwin, Brisbane & Cairns depots
- 6th June 2022- Applies to Broome & Perth depots only
- 13th June 2022- Queen’s Birthday (Adelaide, Alice Springs, Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney & Hobart depots)
- 1st July 2022 - Alice Springs Show Day (Alice Springs depot only)
- 22nd July 2022- Darwin Show Day (Darwin depot only)
- 2nd August 2022- Picnic Day Alice Springs & Darwin depots
- 10th August 2022- Royal Queensland Show (Brisbane depots only)
- 26th September 2022- Queen’s Birthday (Broome & Perth depots only)
- 3rd October 2022- Labour Day (Cairns, Brisbane Adelaide & Sydney depots)
- 1st November 2022- Melbourne Cup (Melbourne depot only)
- 26th December 2022 - All Depots
- 27th December 2022 All Depots
- 2nd January 2023 - All Depots
- 14th February 2023 - Royal Hobart Regatta (Hobart depot only)
- 6th March 2023 - Labour Day (Perth & Broome depots only)
- 13th March 2023 - Adelaide & Hobart depots only
Standard Daily Rates Include
- Unlimited Kilometres (4wd exception*)
- Vehicle Insurance - Standard Liability
- 10% GST (Goods & Services Tax)
- Bedding Kits
- Kitchen Equipment
- General Equipment
- In camper tablet with GPS - (GPS for Outback 4WD is via customer’s phone through Android Auto/Apple Car Play)
- 4WD Outback Safety Kit (4wd only)
- 24 Hour Roadside Assistance
- Travel Wallet including map of Australia with driving tips and travel information
- Magazine with discounts to tourist attractions
- 10% off powered sites at all BIG4 Parks
*If you are hiring a Britz 4WD the kilometre allowance is 300 kilometres per day, thereafter a charge of 50 cents per kilometre will apply.
Goods and Services Tax (GST)
GST is an Australian Federal Government imposed tax. GST is included in all Britz rates and is currently 10%. Britz reserves the right to amend GST upon Government intervention.
Includes pillow, pillowcase, sleeping bag or duvet (doona), sheet and towel per person.
The kitchen kit includes plates, bowls, cups, glasses, knives, forks, spoons, bottle/can opener, mixing bowls, colander, saucepans, frying pans, cooking utensils, chopping board, kettle, teapot, toaster and tea towel.
General equipment includes pegs and clothesline, dustpan/brush, fire extinguisher, bucket/hose, broom, matches, coat hangers, ice cube tray and toilet chemicals.
Outback Safety Kit
For 4WD hires only. The kit includes Emergency Position Indication Radio Beacon (EPIRB), snatch strap with D shackles and a folding spade. An EPIRB when activated transmits an emergency distress signal which can be detected by Australian Rescue Authorities. A snatch strap is used to pull a vehicle from a bogged position with the aid of another vehicle. The D Shackles secure the snatch strap to a rigid anchor point.
Customer Self Check
Please note that it is mandatory for all customers to complete our Customer Self Check In service.
Vehicle Insurance & Standard Liability
Personal injury is covered in most cases through Registration Third Party Insurance. Britz does not accept any liability for personal injuries sustained during the rental. Except where such loss or damage is caused by Britz’s (or that of its employees) own negligence or breach of the Britz Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions, Britz does not accept liability for any loss or damage to any personal belongings or property of the Customer (or any person or entity related to the customer). Britz strongly recommends that the customer takes out personal travel insurance to cover any injury or loss.
We strongly recommend that all people travelling in Australia take out Personal Travel Insurance.
The hirer is responsible for the first AU$5,000 for the HiTop and Voyger, $7,500 for all other 2WD campervans or $8,000 for the 4wd vehicles of ANY ACCIDENT COST of damage to Third Party property or to the rented vehicle, including single vehicle accident (does not include single vehicle roll over), windscreen and tyre damage, overhead and underbody damage, towing and recovery costs, theft, fire, break in or vandalism. This is applicable regardless if the hirer has purchased private travel insurance.
When the vehicle hired is a 4WD and the Liability Reduction Option or the Stress Free Pack has been purchased the Liability deposit is $500.
Where the damage is the customer’s fault, this also includes the cost of the daily rental rate for the period the vehicle is off fleet for accident repairs (demurrage).
The liability is applicable regardless of who is at fault and must be paid at the time the accident report is completed, not at the completion of the rental. The liability will be refunded if Britz is successful in recovering the cost of the damages from the Third Party. Please note that Third Party claims can take months to resolve.
The maximum public liability is $20,000,000, sub limits may apply. Please note that the maximum public liability may change during the course of the year for which these terms apply.
The Standard Liability can be reduced by purchasing one of the following Reduction Options:
Liability Reduction Options (LRO)
|Vehicle||Cost per Day||Liability Fee||Bond Payable|
|Standard||HiTop & Voyager||Included in Rental||$5,000||$5,000|
|All other 2WD||Included in Rental||$7,500||$7,500|
|4WD Campervan||Included in Rental||$8,000||$8,000|
|LRO||2WD Campervan||$48 (max $2,400)||$0||$0|
|4WD Campervan||$53 (max $2,650)||$500||$500|
|Stress Free Package*||2WD Campervan||$59 (max $2,950)||$0||$0|
|4WD Campervan||$64 (max $3,200)||$500||$500|
Stress Free Package
The Stress Free Package includes LRO & bonus items such as the single vehicle rollover cover, picnic table and chairs. Contact us today if you wish to upgrade your booking to the Stress Free Package.
The 4WD Max Cover Option is a one off fee of AU$249 per hire. The 4WD Max Cover Option is only available when the Liability Reduction Option or the Stress Free Package has been purchased. The 4WD Max Cover Option cover for accidental damage to the overhead and underbody sections of the 4WD vehicle, unlimited kilometres and towing and vehicle recovery costs from 4WD roads where permission from Britz is required to travel in advance (see road restrictions section for a list of these roads). Clients requiring vehicle towing and vehicle recovery from a road listed within this section will be responsible for up to AU$8,000 for towing and vehicle recovery in the event of not having this cover irrespective of the Liability Reduction Cover Option or Stress Free Package the customer may have. Max Cover reduces Bond and Excess to $0.
Express Return Pack
The charge for this is $139 or $239 for toilet/shower campers returning to Cairns, Sydney, Perth & Melbourne and $139 for the Outback & $199 for Safari Landcruiser vehicles (subject to change). The purchase of this pack allows the gas bottle and fuel tank to be returned empty, includes toilet (Melbourne, Perth and Cairns only) and waste water emptying service and express key return. Only available when the Liability Reduction Option or the Stress Free Package and the 4WD Max Cover for 4WD rentals has been purchased.
Stress Free Package Inclusions
- Liability Reduction Option (LRO)
- Single vehicle rollover cover
- Extra Drivers Fees
- Overhead and Underbody Damage Cover (2WD only)
- Tyre & Windscreen Damage Cover (2WD only)
- Outdoor Table and Chairs
- Baby/Booster seat - on request (cannot be fitted in some vehicle categories)
- Portable fan heater if required
*Liability Reduction Option This option reduces the liability to NIL for 2WD vehicles and AU$500 for 4WD vehicles.
* Baby and/or Booster Seats- Note that not all Britz vehicles can accommodation child restraint equipment. Child seats depending on the childs age are commonly used for children 4 years or less. Reversible childseats or capsules are used so that an infant can be accommodation when required. Booster seats again depending on the childs size are commonly used for children between 4 and 7 years of age. All child restraint equipment is to be fitted by the hirer facing forward, in the appropriate seat/s and cannot be situated on side facing seats. Refer to vehicle specifications on the website and/or contact Reservations for further information.
The Liability Reduction Option will not apply and the customer is responsible for all costs arising out of, or incurred in connection with:
a) Any use of the vehicle prohibited under the Britz Rental Agreement.
b) Any damage caused by wilful misconduct (e.g. sitting or standing on the bonnet or roof of the vehicle) and driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs and negligence resulting in damage to the hired vehicle or third party vehicle/property.
c) Any loss or damage to any personal belongings or property of the customer (or any person or entity related to the customer), except where such loss or damage is caused by Britz’s (or that of its employees) own negligence or breach of the Britz Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions. Britz recommends the customer does not leave valuables in the vehicle and that they take out personal travel insurance.
d) Any damage where the customer is charged by the local authorities for being careless, showing gross negligence or willfulness in failing to abide by the local road rules, resulting in damage to the hired vehicle or third party vehicle/property.
e) Retrieving or recovering a vehicle, which may include, but is not limited to a vehicle that has become bogged, submerged, caught, trapped, stuck or restricted in any way and/or has been abandoned, in each case in circumstances within the control of the customer.
f) Replacing keys, which have been lost or stolen, or retrieval of keys which have been locked in a vehicle.
g) Any overhead and underbody damage to the 2WD vehicle however caused, except where Liability Reduction Option or the Britz Inclusive Pack has been purchased.
h) Any overhead and underbody damage to the 4WD Vehicle however caused, except where 4WD Max Cover has been purchased.
i) Any single vehicle roll over except where the Britz Inclusive Pack has been purchased.
j) Any towing and vehicle recovery costs (up to $8,000) from a 4WD road where permission is required in advance from Britz in order to travel, where the Customer has not purchased 4WD Max Cover.
k) Damage caused to the vehicle because total load (kg) has exceeded recommended load as stated in vehicle manual. Vehicles are not to be used for the purpose of transporting and haulage of goods other than what might be reasonably expected of a leisure rental.
l) Damage caused by drivers not identified on the rental agreement and/or drivers whose licence that has been cancelled or suspended and/or drivers who have a licence that is classified as a learners or probationary licence.
m) Any damage caused to the vehicle due to the incorrect use of snow chains.
n) Any damage associated with the incorrect use of fuel (fuel being diesel or petrol) this includes Biofuel which should not be used, or water or other contamination of fuel.
o) Any water related damage which includes, but is not limited to, vehicle submersion, contact with salt water, creek or river crossings (applies to 2WD vehicles), driving through flooded areas and beach driving.
p) The customer has fitted accessories (as provided by Britz or otherwise) to the vehicle incorrectly or otherwise in a manner which causes damage to the vehicle, the accessories or any other vehicle or property.
q) Using the vehicle in contravention of any legislation or regulation controlling vehicular traffic. r) Any damage caused to the vehicle by a customer’s cat or dog.
Vehicle Security Deposit or Bond
Upon vehicle collection, a vehicle security deposit is payable. The amount is determined by the Liability Reduction Option selected.
For security purposes, a credit or debit card can be used for payment of bond. The credit card holder must be present and able to sign for the vehicles security deposit upon vehicle collection. The credit card holder is jointly and severally liable for any damage to the rental vehicle. Any type of prepaid travel card is not acceptable as a means to provide a vehicle security deposit.
PLEASE NOTE: Electronic Credit cards are not accepted for Bond Payments. An electronic credit card is one where the numbers are not raised.
Debited bonds are subject to a 1.6% credit card administration fee in addition to the bond amount when the credit card used is either Visa credit or debit card or MasterCard credit or debit card,or 2.8% for American Express.
The Liability Deposit is fully refundable, including the 1.6% credit card administration fee, if the card used to provide the Liability Deposit is a Visa credit or debit card or MasterCard credit or debit card, provided the Vehicle is returned undamaged. Britz recommend that customers use a Visa credit or debit card or MasterCard credit or debit card for the Liability Deposit, as the credit card administration fee that applies when using American Express credit card is not refundable
If a Liability Reduction Option is not selected, the vehicle security deposit is AU$7,500 payable by credit card.
The AU$5,000 - AU$8,000 is debited to the hirers credit card when the vehicle is collected. For this reason it is important that the hirer have the funds available on the credit card and that the amount does not exceed the hirers daily withdrawal allowance available on the credit card.
If Liability Reduction Option is selected or the package booked is the Stress Free Package, the security deposit is AU$0 for 2WD vehicles and AU$500 for 4WD vehicles.
An authorisation to the hirers credit card is taken when the vehicle is collected. An authorization is retained to take any action to recover from the credit card the amounts due by the customer pursuant to the Britz Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions. These charges including, but not limited to, vehicle cleaning (this includes toilet and waste water tank emptying), speeding, toll way, parking or freedom camping fines, on road assistance, delivery and return of vehicle, late drop off fees, failure to return the vehicle with full diesel or petrol tanks or full LPG bottle (pre-paid fuel and pre-paid gas is included in the Express Return Pack), rental extensions or Exclusions. For security purposes, only the customer’s credit card can be used for the Credit Card Authority.
Credit or debit cards must be valid for 90 days following the end date of the rental.
The vehicle security deposit is fully refundable, including the credit card surcharge if the card used to provide the vehicle security deposit is a Visa or MasterCard, provided the vehicle is returned on time, to the correct location, undamaged, in a clean condition and with full fuel tanks (fuel being petrol or diesel) and gas bottle. Except where the customer has purchased PGO (PGO is included in the Express Return Package) and/or Pre Purchase Fuel (PPF), failure to return the vehicle with full petrol or diesel tanks and/or a full LPG bottle will result in refill charges, which will be advised upon return of the vehicle.
Britz reserves the right to charge a cleaning fee if the vehicle is not returned in a clean condition. This includes smoking related cleaning, as smoking is not permitted in the vehicle. The toilet and waste water tank must be emptied prior to the return of the vehicle, or an additional AU$250 soiling fee will be retained.
Exchange Rate/Currency Variations
All credit and debit card transactions are conducted in Australian dollars. If a refund is due, Britz will credit the amount due in full to the Customer's credit or debit card. Britz does not accept any liability for credit or debit card fees or bank-imposed fees relating to currency conversion or foreign transactions, which may appear as a variation between the total debited and the total refunded.
Credit and Debit Cards
The credit or debit card holder will be jointly and severally liable as a customer. Accepted credit and debit cards are Visa Card, MasterCard and American Express. A non-refundable 1.6% administration fee will apply to all Visa and MasterCard transactions or 2.8% for American Express. Credit card administration fees also apply to the Liability Deposit and only the customer’s credit card is acceptable to use for the purpose of the Liability Deposit and the Credit Card Authority. The credit card administration fees are subject to change.
Credit Card Surcharge -Discovery Rentals
Credit card fees are payable when using Visa, Mastercard or AMEX as these are subject to change Find out the current rates for your card here
Britz will not honour calculation errors. Should a calculation error occur Britz will charge for the shortfall.
It is important to select the correct licence type (e.g. International OR Australia/New Zealand) for your booking as some rates are only available to Australian/New Zealand licence holders.
Selecting the incorrect licence type may result in a higher amount being charged at pick up.
A current and full motor vehicle drivers licence is required and must be presented upon vehicle collection. Should a foreign licence be in a language other than English it must be accompanied by a current international driving permit issued in the same country as the drivers licence was issued. An accredited English translation will be accepted in lieu of an international driving permit.
Drivers must be 21 years of age or over.
Additional Items are to be requested at time of reservation or upon vehicle collection and paid by customer on the day of vehicle collection.
- Picnic Table - $25 per rental
- Picnic Chair - $18 per rental
- Extra Driver Fees - $2 per day (max $30pp per hire)
- Baby / Booster Seat - $36 per rental (cannot be fitted in some vehicle categories)
- High Chair - $23 per rental
- Heater/Fan - $16 per rental
- Tent (4 Persons) - $67 per rental
- Satellite Phone - $20 per day plus call costs
- Awnings (if not already affixed) - $5 per day
- First Aid Kit - $35 for purchase (In vehicle. If seal is broken customer is charged)
- Souvenir Road Atlas - $25 for purchase
- Pre-Purchase Gas (PGO) - (gas bottle used for cooking/hot water facilities) From $18 - $38 (depending on vehicle choice)
- Express Return Pack - $165 - $265
- Outback Safety Kit - $95 per rental
- Luggage Tarp (for 4WD Safari) - $20 for purchase
- Esky - $23 per rental
- Portable Hand-Held Shower - $16 per rental
- Electrical Adaptor - $14 for purchase
- Toilet Emptying Service- $75 per rental
Charges for additional products and services will be charged per hire.
Liability option, outdoor table and chairs, extra drivers fees and baby/booster seats are included in the Stress Free Package.
- Rental days are charged per calendar day. When calculating the number of days a vehicle is rented, the day of pick-up is counted as day one, and the day of return counted as the final day of rental.Vehicles are required to be collected and returned within business hours
- Minimum Rental period is 5 days for same city rentals, with exceptions noted below;
- All rentals collecting between 20 December and 10 January will have a minimum hire requirement of 10 days.
- Rentals collecting in the following dates will have a minimum hire requirement of 7 days:
- 4 and 6 Berth rentals from Sydney that collect during the Bathurst races
(The races usually occur in early October)
- 4 and 6 Berth rentals from Melbourne that collect during the Phillip Island races
- 4 and 6 Berth rentals from Sydney that collect during the Bathurst races
- One-way hires, which are subject to increased minimum hire requirements.
- Minimum rental period is subject to change during peak periods.
- Late Pick-up or early return of vehicle does not entitle the hirer to any refund of the unused portion of the rental.
- If the customer wishes to extend the rental whilst on hire, they must first obtain authorisation from Britz (call 1800 331 454). The rental extension is subject to vehicle availability. The cost of an extended rental must be paid by credit or debit card over the telephone on confirmation of the rental extension. The rate charged will not reflect the original rate booked. Failure to obtain authorisation will result in a daily fee of $150 in addition to the daily rate.
2WD Campervans can only be driven on sealed/bitumen roads. The only exceptions to this are well-maintained access roads of less than twelve kilometres to recognised campgrounds, major tourist attractions and well-maintained, recognised roads on Kangaroo Island (South Australia). Should a customer wish to travel on an unsealed road that is greater than twelve kilometres in length to access a recognised campground special permission can be arranged pending road condition, weather and distance. Please contact your local representative to discuss.
4WD campervans can be driven on sealed/bitumen roads and recognised unsealed roads with the following exceptions:
- 4WD vehicles may only travel to the following areas with the written permission of Britz (please contact the local branch for further information): Simpson Desert, Strzelecki Track, Gunbarrel Highway, Cape York, the Bungle Bungles, Oodnadatta Track, Birdsville Track, Tanami Track, the Plenty Highway, Gibb River Road, Burke Development Road from Chillagoe to Normanton and Savannah Way from Normanton to Borroloola, Finke Road (between Alice Springs and Oodnadatta), Central Arnhem Road, Arnhem Land in general and Chambers Pillar.
- Vehicles are NOT permitted to travel on the Canning Stock Route, the Lost City in Litchfield Park, the Old Gunbarrel Hwy, the old Telegraph Track section of the road to Cape York, Boggy Hole (Finke Gorge National Park), the Old South Road from Maryvale to Finke and Fraser Island, at any time.
- Vehicles are NOT permitted to travel to Cape York between the months of December to May. At all other times permission is required. The old Telegraph Track section of the road to Cape York is prohibited at all times however the bypass is permissible providing permission provided.
Britz reserves the right at its sole discretion to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions, and the distance to nominated destinations in relation to the length of the hire period.
Should a customer breach the road restriction rules by taking a 2WD vehicle on an unsealed road or restricted road, or by taking a 4WD vehicle on a restricted road; Britz may impose a fee on the customer of $300 on each occasion that is identified by Britz.
Change of Drop-Off Destination
If the customer wishes to change the drop-off destination after the rental has commenced, they must first obtain authorisation from Reservations. Subject to the change being approved, an additional charge of up to AU$750 may apply.
Should a customer have more than one consecutive rental they can be combined to qualify for longer-term hire discounts off the daily vehicle rates. Details are on application.
- One-way rentals are available between all branch locations, the exception is one-way rentals into or out of Tasmania for all 4WD vehicles, these are on request.
- Minimum rental period for one-way hires is 7 days. shorter hires may be available on application only.
- A One-way rental fee of AU$165 applies where pick up originates from Cairns, Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart or Adelaide, and returns to these locations. Should the hire originate or return to or from Darwin, Broome, Alice Springs or Perth, the one-way fee will be AU$250. E.g., a Cairns to Darwin one-way rental would incur a one-way fee of $250, where a one-way rental from Cairns to Brisbane will incur a one-way fee of $165.
- The one-way fee if applicable is charged per hire.
Please note that the Safari Landcruiser and the Outback are only available to or from Adelaide, Alice Springs, Brisbane, Broome, Cairns, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth. They are only available for travel from 15 April to 13 November inclusive.
Rentals In Broome
A remote location fee of AU$750 applies to all rentals picking up or dropping off in Broome. Only one remote location fee is charged per vehicle. This is in addition to the one-way fee (if applicable). The fee applies per rental.
Rentals In Hobart
A location fee of AU$100 applies to all rentals picked up from Hobart.
Britz clients will need to make their own way from the airport to the Britz branch, at their own cost.
If the customer wishes to extend the rental whilst on hire, they must first obtain authorisation from Reservations. This is subject to vehicle availability. The extra cost of an extended rental must be paid by credit card over the telephone on confirmation of the rental extension. The rate charged may not reflect the original rate booked. Failure to obtain authorisation will result in a daily fee of AU$150 in addition to the daily rate.
Infringements and Administration Fees
We reserve the right to charge the hirer for any speeding, parking or tollway fines, associated administration costs and/or accidents including third party property damage not reported on return of the vehicle. In addition to these costs, Britz reserve the right to charge for associated administration costs for processing the fines (irrespective of liability) and/or all insurance claims in the event of the customer not having NIL liability. In addition to costs per fine and/or insurance claim, an administration fee of AU$60 will be applicable. This fee will be applicable per offence.
If the Customer continues to exceed a speed of 110km or continues to exceed the posted speed limit, as determined by the Customer repeatedly ignoring the warnings of the telematics system fitted into the Vehicle, Britz may impose a fee on the Customer in the amount of AU$300.
Customer Care On-Road Assistance
Any problems associated with the vehicle, including equipment failure, must be reported to Britz as soon as possible and within 24 hours in order to give Britz the opportunity to rectify the problem during the rental. Failure to do so may impact any claims for compensation. We do not accept liability for any claims submitted after this period.
Please contact us on free call: 1800 331 454
Change of Vehicle
Should the vehicle booked be unavailable through unforeseen circumstances, Britz reserve the right to substitute an alternative vehicle without prior notification and at no extra cost. This shall not constitute a breach of contract and does not entitle the hirer to a refund.
Should the hirer decide to take a lesser vehicle than booked they will not be entitled to any refund.
All Britz vehicles are up to a maximum of 4 years of age.
Cancellation and Amendments
You must put any request to Cancel or Amend in writing or we cannot action. The date of the email will determine the following Cancellation fees:
- If cancelled any time up to 35 days prior to pick-up = 20% or deposit paid (whichever is greater)
- If cancelled from 34 to 7 days prior to pick-up = 40% or deposit paid (whichever is greater)
- If cancelled 6 to 1 days prior to pick-up = 70% of Rental
- If cancelled within 24hrs of pick-up or No-Show = 100% of Rental
- If vehicle is returned early there is no refund available for the unused days and a No Show is considered as 100% Cancellation.
- The cancellation fee period is based on Australian Eastern Standard time.
Amendments: If a bookings travel dates are amended within the cancellation fee period to be outside of the cancellation fee period and is subsequently cancelled, the cancellation fee for the original booking will apply.
$50 per change. This applies but is not limited to changing the client name, vehicle type, reducing the number of rental days, changing the pickup dates or locations. If rental is shortened, no refund will be given on the initial deposit. In addition, if an amendment is made inside 14 days of pick up, the rental will be charged at the number of days originally booked. A relocation fee may also apply if the collection or return location is amended. Where the hire is being extended, the amendment fee will not apply.
If the amendment results in changing vehicle brands your deposit may not transferable.
Amendments may result in the daily rental rate to be recalculated at the rate applicable on the date of the amendment for the entire rental period.
Any amendments within cancellation time period is subject to the supplier providing permission to amend the travel dates, or cancel the reservation and having to re-book.
If a bookings travel dates are amended within the cancellation fee period to be outside of the cancellation fee period and is subsequently cancelled, the cancellation fee for the original booking will apply.
Britz reserves the right to refuse any rental at its discretion.
Pets are welcome, there is a fee of $299 per hire
Illustrations and text in any of our documentation, brochures or website are subject to change. Images are a representation only of the vehicle depicted. Variances in the vehicles offered for rental may occur due to substitutions made by Britz or modifications and / or upgrades to the vehicle design made by the manufacturer.